Mexican spaghetti is an irresistibly flavorful one-pot dinner recipe, perfect for quick weeknight dinners. Combining Italian pasta flavors with Mexican ingredients makes for an easy one-pot dish! Mexican spaghetti sauce starts by sauteeing diced onions with ground beef before creating a flavorful base for pasta cooking. Traditional Mexican spaghetti sauce uses tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce which create a velvety texture and subtle acidic notes in its taste profile. Seasoning for this dish involves using a taco seasoning mix, which contains all of the spices necessary for creating authentic Mexican cuisine. Some recipes even add corn for an additional sweet note and create an irresistibly flavorful and slightly spicy dish perfect for those who appreciate both Italian and Mexican cuisines.
Read More: Gluten-Free Meatballs Recipe
Why Mexican Spaghetti Recipe Is the Perfect Choice
Do you ever wonder why Mexican spaghetti is such a beloved weeknight dish? To answer that question, let’s consider all of its causes:
- Fast Satisfaction: At the end of a hectic day, the last thing you want is to spend hours making an elaborate recipe in the kitchen. Mexican spaghetti provides fast relief through its easy preparation. Not only can it quickly satisfy hunger but its quick preparation will allow you to relax and savor great tasting food all in minutes!
- Simple ingredients: Finding authentic Mexican spaghetti doesn’t need to be an exercise in futility! Simply utilize easily accessible items ranging from ground beef or turkey, regular spices such as chili powder and cumin, and personalization options like plant-based meat alternatives as well as additions like avocados or black beans according to your individual needs.
- Family Friendly Recipe: Perfect for Families of Different Taste Preferences: Are your family members of differing taste preferences? Mexican spaghetti may just be the solution! With its combination of spices that appeals to both spicy eaters and those preferring lighter fare alike – plus that irresistibly gooey cheese that brings people together.
- Leftovers that Succeed: Mexican spaghetti makes the perfect leftover meal; its flavors blend overnight, making your next lunch or dinner even more delectable! Consider it as a gift that keeps on giving!
Mexican Spaghetti Recipe – A Spicy and Savory Twist on a Classic
- Large Pot
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- avocado lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced green onions, cilantro, jalapeño peppers, pickled red onions, shredded cheese
- In a large pot, cook diced onions with ground beef until it has turned brown; drain away any grease that accumulates during this process.
- Stir together diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, corn kernels, and taco seasoning mix until everything is evenly mixed.
- Break spaghetti in half and add to a pot, along with two cups of water, stirring continuously until everything has combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil before reducing to low and covering your pot for 20-25 minutes until all of the spaghetti has been fully cooked through.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for five minutes before trying again.
- Serve hot, with optional garnishes.
Tips to Increase Flavor of Mexican Spaghetti Recipe
Mexican spaghetti is an irresistibly flavorful dish, which can become even more tantalizing with these tips:
- Choose the appropriate spices: Chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, and dried oregano are essential spices that add taco-inspired flair to Mexican spaghetti dishes. Or you could purchase a packet of taco seasoning mix which comes complete with all these flavors for creating authentic Mexican dishes.
- Add fresh ingredients: Incorporating fresh ingredients such as onions, garlic, and bay leaves into your pasta water can give it an extra delicious flavor boost. Or add a pinch of fresh cilantro into your sauce for extra zesty flair!
- Select the Right Cheese: Queso fresco, a mild Mexican cheese often used as a topping on Mexican spaghetti dishes, can also be substituted with Parmesan for this recipe.
- Add optional garnishes: Avocado, lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced green onions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, pickled red onions, and shredded cheese are among the many optional garnishes you can use when serving Mexican spaghetti.
- Try something different: Mexican spaghetti can be prepared using any type of pasta imaginable, from round to square and everything in between!
- Create the creamy Mexican spaghetti experience: Add 1/2 cup of sour cream after taking it off the heat, for maximum creaminess in your Mexican spaghetti recipe.
By following these tips, you can add even more flavor to your Mexican spaghetti and make it more delectable.
In conclusion, Mexican spaghetti is an easy and delectable weeknight dinner option that combines traditional Italian flavors with Mexican ingredients in just one pot! Perfect for quick weekday dinners. Mexican spaghetti sauce begins by sauteeing diced onions with ground beef before creating a flavorful base to cook the pasta. Mexican spaghetti sauce features tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce for an acidic, velvety texture and subtle acidic bite.
Seasoning Mexican spaghetti means using a packet of taco seasoning mix that contains all of the spices required to create delicious Mexican cuisine. Some recipes also call for corn as an additional sweetener and by following our tips to enhance its taste, this dish can become even more delectable! Tips include choosing appropriate spices, using fresh ingredients, selecting cheese with suitable properties, choosing optional garnishes, and making it creamy. Mexican spaghetti makes an ideal comfort food that combines cheese with beefy textures and spicy accents.